Jason is Project Manager for York County Economic Development and works alongside the Director to recruit new business investment to York County. As Project Manager, Jason is responsible for managing leads, facilitating prospect visits and showcasing the business advantages of York County. In addition to business recruitment, Jason works with local stakeholders to identify new property for development and helps to facilitate economic growth throughout the county.
A native Hoosier (a.k.a. someone from Indiana), Jason moved to South Carolina in 2012 with his wife who completed her master’s degree at the University of South Carolina. Prior to joining the economic development office, Jason worked in community planning as a Project Planner and consultant for a national architectural, engineering and planning firm in Indianapolis.
Jason resides in Rock Hill with his wife Tasia and two small children, Beckett (3) and Lennon (2).
Primary Focus Areas:
- Business Recruitment
- Product Development Initiatives
- Demographic and Target Industry Research
- Community Planning
- Bachelor of Science in Business, Finance & Accounting | Indiana University | 2001
- Master of Urban and Regional Planning | Ball State University | 2009
- Basics in Economic Development | Georgia Tech University | 2013
- University of Oklahoma Economic Development Institute (ongoing)
Organizational & Community Involvement
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP), 2009
- Member of the South Carolina Economic Development Association (SCEDA), International Economic Development Council (IEDC), American Planning Association (APA), and the South Carolina Chapter of the American Planning Association (SCAPA)
Jason likes to spend time…
Born and raised in the Midwest, Jason is an avid Big Ten football and basketball fan and even enjoys watching SEC and ACC athletics now that he is in the South. Jason loves the climate and all of the great outdoor activities available in the Carolinas – camping, biking, and of course, the beach. Jason enjoys spending quality time with his wife and two small children.
“I have always had a passion for community planning and development. I am proud to say that I have found a community in York County where its citizens and leadership equally share this passion. In York County - live, work or play - I share enthusiasm and pride in this community. I am thrilled to be a small part of the exciting things happening here.”
-- Jason Flora