Business Retention & Expansion Program
The Existing Business Program is a comprehensive program that focuses solely on the retention and expansion of existing industry in York County. We understand the importance of retaining and expanding existing companies in our communities. As a result, a full time Business Retention Manager is on staff within the York County Economic Development Department to devote full attention to the businesses in the area. Through the establishment of various targeted programs, York County is able to offer a great array of resource and services to our businesses that makes them competitive and successful.
- Access to market data that includes demographics, labor force data, income and wage data, company lists and real estate
- Introductions and coordination with city, county and state government agencies and officials.
- Liaison to area workforce training and assistance providers
- Assistance with familiarization and site visit tours
- Provide performance tax incentive and grant assistance programs for qualified companies
- Assistance with marketing and communications with expansion projects
- Provide introductions with area community and business service representatives
Programs that may be of interest to York County companies include:
- Safety Council – Monthly
- Human Resource Council – Monthly
- Business Visitation Program – Ongoing
- SC Existing Industry Week and Ambassadors Award – Annual