Just as York County’s population is growing, so is its available workforce. This is true both in terms of absolute numbers and available skills. And as part of the Charlotte USA region, York County’s labor draw area should appeal to just about any HR professional.
In addition to the influx of talented and well-educated residents moving to the community, York County’s workforce is strengthened by several area colleges and universities. Within the county boundaries, Winthrop University, Clinton College and York Technical College provide high-quality educational opportunities across a wide range of subject areas.
- 57,000+ York County residents commute to a job outside the county each day
- A workforce of 900,000 people live within a 45 minute drive of York County
- Wages in York County are below than the U.S. average
- 40 % of the population have an Associate’s Degree or higher
As part of the Charlotte USA region, York County, South Carolina has seen considerable population growth during the past few decades. According to the US Census data, the number of residents calling York County home has increased by 25% or more in three of the last four decades — with the growth rate in the most recent decade coming in closer to 40%.
- Population: 251,195
- Median Age: 38.1
- Median Household Income: $54,117
- Per Capita Income: $27,868
- Mean Travel Time to Work: 26.2 minutes
- Median Owner-Occupied Home Value: $160,100