Download a detailed demographic report for Hickory Grove
Hickory Grove traces its roots to a settlement in the late 1600s that grew around a river and several creeks on good farming land. The town was established in 1888 and named after the hickory trees there that signaled suitable soil for crops. Now, houses that still stand on Wylie Avenue, Peachtree Street and Smithford Street in Hickory reflect the town’s history.
For more history on some of our quaintest towns, check out our friends at Visit York County.